Monday, January 29, 2007

vacuum table Take 2



Above is my second completed vacuum table. Why do I have two? Because I have two different size screens. The larger size is a bit difficult for Natalie to print. I well eventually make a different stand for this one, but have limited space right now. The design has also improved. The holes are drilled on a diagonal, which is a little nicer as far as the edges of the paper always landing on or within 3/8 of an inch of a hole. I also have a love hate relationship with the Speedball hinge/clamps. Mostly, I love them, but there is one problem I have found with them. The hinge is so thick that the screen sits up about a quarter inch where it clamps in. For myself that isn't much of a problem because of my size, unless I am going to the edge of the possible printing area. For Natalie, it is a big problem. With this vacuum table, the hinges are actually sunk in about 1/8". It prints easily and works exactly how I had hoped. Natalie had absolutely no problem printing a large solid shape.



This is what my messy screen printing studio looks like.

No comments: